I remember once, when I was a teenager, my parents brought my 2 sisters and I to Disneyland Paris. While we were there, my youngest sister, Nadia, got lost. We couldn't find her. All of us were panicking. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. After searching around for a bit, we found her near the pirate ship in Adventureland, looking at the ducks swimming in the water. She was all smiles. No fear, no worries, just pure happiness on her face as she was looking at the ducks swim. That smile soon disappeared when my Mum started telling her sternly that she shouldn't wander off by herself.
This blog post will introduce a service that I feel every parent should use while visiting Tokyo Disney. I don't know the official name of this sticker, but I'm gonna call it the Lost Child Sticker. If we had this Lost Child Sticker on Nadia when we were in Disneyland Paris, we wouldn't have been so worried. We would have gone on a few attractions and picked her up at Lost Children in about 5 hours or so. Okay, okay, we're not that irresponsible. I was playing. Maybe in an hour or two.
Like Nadia, Little Mahina is a free spirit. She has her own mind and wanders off whenever she feels like it. In fact, one of Little Mahina's hobbies is to run away from her parents as fast as possible while laughing like a hyena. That is why, I am super thankful to Tokyo Disney for this service. You can get this sticker at Lost Children and Main Street House at World Bazaar in Tokyo Disneyland. In Tokyo Disneysea, you can get it at Lost Children in Mediterranean Harbor and Guest Relations at the entrance.
This is how it works.
1) Get the sticker from the places mentioned above.
2) Write down your telephone number, child's name and child's age on the sticker that has telephone, child's name and age on it.
3) Paste the sticker with Tokyo Disney Resort on the sticker with your child's information to protect your privacy.
4) Paste that sticker somewhere prominent, on an article of clothing that your child's wearing.
5) If you ever lose your child in the parks, head on to Lost Children to notify them. They will look for your child and call the number on the sticker when they have found your child.
I feel that every parent should know about and utilize this service when visiting Tokyo Disney Resort. It provides added peace of mind on your trip to the resort. For me, I use this service every time I visit the parks. So far, so good. I've always been able to chase and hunt down my daughter when she tries to escape from me. But, if Little Mahina ever wanders off a little too far, I know that the good people of Tokyo Disney will have a way of contacting me when they find her.